Momentum created these cards as an invitation to lead with curiosity and explore your beliefs, inner strengths, and aspirations. Join the conversation and advance equity through communications.
- Set an intention before beginning the process.
- Create an open and welcoming space.
- Acknowledge that we come with different experiences, hold intersecting identities, and that there is always something to learn.
- Be fully present.
- Practice active listening & listen with your heart.
- Vulnerability is a great way to create connections.
- Have compassion for yourself and others.
HOW TO USE: SELF REFLECTION
Practicing self-reflection is a good way to check in with yourself.
- Set some time aside for yourself to use these cards to reflect or free-write.
- You can choose freely and reflect on the quote or prompt that awakens in you.
- Randomly choose three cards. What’s the theme that resonates with you?
- Read through the deck and journal on a quote or prompt that inspires you.
HOW TO USE: TEAM TALKS
Scheduling time with your team, family, friends or department to explore the deck together.
- Create space (a time and place) for meaningful conversations with your project team or department
- Set communication agreements to ensure everyone feels safe and comfortable with sharing and expressing their thoughts (ex., Use “I” statements, Avoid generalizations, only one person speaks at a time, Ask clarifying questions, Assume best intentions, etc.).
- Suspend judgment and listen with an open mind.
HOW TO USE: SPONTANEOUS
The cards can be a great and fun way to generate spontaneous connections and authentic conversations!
- Use the cards as conversation starters at events or meetings.
- There is no limit to how the deck can start a meaningful dialogue – just pick a card and start talking! Get curious with yourself and one another.
- Generate new ideas, thoughts, and deeper empathy with your team.
- Get to know your colleagues by using these cards as an icebreaker at your next meeting.
READY TO USE OUR CARDS?
Did you learn something you can put into action? What is inspiring you to take action, start a new practice, and/or shift a perspective?
Contact one of our partners to learn more about ordering a set of Momentous Conservation cards. Cards are currently not individually for sale, only for bulk orders.